Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Preeclampsia and Such

It's been a banner week with this pregnancy, lemme tell ya.

With my ankles swelling like c-r-a-z-y in the evenings, we decided to keep an eye on my blood pressure over the weekend. Good thing; we got some high readings. I'd already decided to call my OB Monday to let her know what we'd observed, especially with a 160/102 before I left for work.

Long story short--they had me come in to the office right away, and I'd barely had a chance to pee in the cup before they told me my maternity leave was starting four days early; I needed to go on bed rest.

Which is just AWESOME for a busy mom of two who wasn't quite ready to hand off her projects at work to hear. But it is what it is, and so after a frantic, early goodbye to my co-workers, home to my couch I went.

Once more results came back on my blood & urine, my OB's office called yesterday to confirm preeclampsia and let me know our C-section would be pushed up a day.

Sheesh.

And so tomorrow evening, we'll be meeting our Justin.

I'm excited, relieved, anxious...

...READY.

Next time I post, I'll have someone to introduce to you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment